Applying classroom knowledge in the work setting helps students both determine their strengths and abilities and discover their career paths. Some academic programs at NU require internships or practicums as part of the curriculum. Other internships are secured directly by students.
The following academic programs include an internship or practicum component:
- Chicago Field Studies (CFS) – Open to all Undergraduates
- CFS allows students to explore careers through participation in internships and discussions in class. The class and internship engage students and helps them build connections and careers.
- Communications Internship Program
- McCormick Cooperative Engineering Education Program (Co-op)
- Medill Journalism Residency
- SESP Practicum
Northwestern Career Advancement is one of many resources on campus that help students match their academic and vocational interests with available internships.
NCA: Academic Internship Programs (Handout)